Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sweet Holiday


Sweet Holiday is one of the New Reveal stamp sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle this month.  I've combined several techniques as well as a couple different stamp sets on this particular card.

To start off, the background was created using the Emboss Resist technique.  Start by randomly stamping the three small stamps that come with the Sweet Holiday set onto white cardstock with VersaMark.  Cover with Clear embossing powder and heat set.

Next, take blend Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry) over the entire thing.  The embossed images stay white.  After that stamp the newly re-released Wonky Lines plaid background with VersaMark over the card panel.  Cover with Clear embossing powder and heat set.  This image will turn darker after it's heat set.

Stamp the gingerbread and the cottage twice and color with Copic markers.  Using the Paper Tole technique, cut up and layer the cottage.  Crystal Ice glitter was added to the snowflakes, one of the gingerbread mens' rickrack, the design around the door and bottom of the cottage, and the window sills.  Bridal glitter was added to the other gingerbread and Diamond Dust glitter was added to the chimney top.

The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark, heat set with Black Detail embossing powder, and die cut using the Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Sketchbooks die.  Leave the die in place and pounce some Picked Raspberry Distress Stain onto the sentiment.  Apply VersaMark over the entire die cut, cover with Clear embossing powder, and heat set.  This will give the sentiment die cut a really shiny appearance.


The Distress Embossing technique was added to the card base with Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry) and Clear embossing powder.  Some rick rack was also added.

This card looks pretty bright on my monitor, and I have to tell you, it's just as bright and festive in person.


18 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Anne this is adorably sweet!! I love anything gingerbread and this is yummy with all the embellishing you did!!

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous, Anne!! The embossing and glitter looks amazing!! Those gingerbread men are too cute!! And I love the Christmas lights you added!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Anne this is stunning, I do love the gingerbread men and gorgeous colours and design.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Brenda said...

cute card - love the hot raspberry color

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous images Anne lovely colours and fabulous design
Kevin xx

April said...

So bright and cute! I love the light bulbs too. xo

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- it is pink- which is my fav color....and I love the shimmer- and your coloring is amazing!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Totally adorable and sweet!! Love the resist background and your fabulous little gingerbread house.

Ellen Taylor said...

Super sweet card Anne! Those gingerbread are so cute~Love the vibrant background too! Have a fantastic day!!
Ellen
xx

Lena said...

Totally adorable. Such a sweet and festive card. Love all the sparkle too :-)
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

CG said...

Wow, this is stunning! Such wonderful use of embossing, my favorite technique! Certainly puts me in a holiday mood! Best, CG

nwilliams6 said...

The colors on this are wonderful and fun! Reminds me of frosting and great Christmas memories. Well done. Hugz!

Gerlinde said...

What an adorable card! Love the plaid and emboss resist!

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Anne! I love this new set and it's on my wish list. Love that you did it in pink.
I'm terribly behind on my visits and also on getting my DT work completed. Don't even know if I'm going to have time to get the Blog Hop post done for tomorrow but I do so appreciate you nominating me and the sweet things you had to say. If I don't get it written for tomorrow, I'll do it next week, I promise. DT obligations just have to come first. :-D

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Anne, it looks good enough to eat! I love the little lights too!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Tammy said...

LOVE the pink! Fantastic card and great design!

Joan Ervin said...

I absolutely love the background you created, Anne...the little gingerbread men are adorable, too, and I love the sweet little house!!!!

jimlynn said...

Bright, fun, and SUPER cute! Love those colors and the way you designed this Anne.
I'm back (and had a marvelous time0!
Lynn