Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Old Friends


Gerty and Eunice are back in the Old Friends stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I think the sentiment, which is part of the set, is so true - don't you?

I started off by stamping the image, coloring it with Copics and then fussy cutting it out.  Purple Dust glitter was added to Eunice's purple hat; Aqua Marine glitter enhances Gerty's glasses as well as the flower in her hat; and Raspberry Soda glitter gives shimmer and sparkle to Eunice's fingernails and Gerty's knitting bag and her jewelry.


For the background I applied VersaMark to the inside of the Cane Weave embossing folder from Spellbinders and ran it through my machine.  Then I covered it with Peanut Butter embossing powder and heat set it.

The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of vellum with Memento ink and heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.  I created the little ball of yarn from some yarn I had and added two straight pins for the knitting needles.

The card base is a piece of Core'dinations cardstock that I sanded down the raised portion.  After that, I added some glue with my Sakura glue pen to the sanded-off areas and sprinkled Aqua Marine onto the glue.  This added another element of shimmer to the card (with very little work).

16 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I love the sentiment on the card and I do believe it is true!! I also love the way you embellished this card!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Another fabulous creation Anne, I like the ladies and the wool
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

SO CUTE! I love the sparkle of Gerty's little glasses and that yarn and "needles" is so creative! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable, Anne!! I love how you added the sparkle to the glasses, fingernails, knitting bag and jewelry!! And the hat!! They are just so adorable!! And the sentiment is awesome!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

Such fun Anne! And I love, love the the image and your coloring!

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Anne, this sure made me and my friend chuckle as the sentiment is just so us. Fabulous card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Anne! Love your color choices and shading with these dear girl friends! They look so happy. I can't get over the details, right down to the rhinestone glasses! Looks great with the yarn, too! hugs, de

Shirley said...

They are adorable and your cane weave technique is the perfect floor for them too!! I also like how you did the ball of yarn! Really fun, cute, and pretty at the same time!!!

Annie said...

I love this pair Anne and your colouring is fabulous. Great sentiment too. TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Annie said...

I love this pair Anne and your colouring is fabulous. Great sentiment too. TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Brenda said...

Beautiful coloring job and love the little ball of yarn unraveling!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the sentiment and image on this total fun image! Wow! So true too! Did I ever tell you the story of my step-sister and I? We were best friends and then a few years ago my Mom and her Dad got married and we because sisters. So I totally love this card! (Unfortunately, we look a bit like these too as well - lol). Hugz!

Joan Ervin said...

What cute ladies...so beautifully colored and I love the fun sentiment!!!!

NanaConnie said...

I have a huge soft spot in my heart for these two ladies and you've colored them so perfectly, Anne! Love all the sparkle, especially the glasses and nail polish. How clever of you. :-D

Dawn said...

Fantastic! Perfect sentiment! I love the little ball of wool & knitting needles too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- the sentiment is perfect! Loving the glitter on the hat and the glasses- and love the see through vellum for the sentiment. How clever of you to ad the pins for knitting needles- that is such a brilliant idea!