Wednesday, May 14, 2014

For a Great Guy


Today's card features the new Vest die just released by Die-Versions.  The die itself measures approximately 6.75" wide by 3.75" tall and the completed vest measures about 3.25" by 3.75".  There are score lines incorporated into the die, so the vest can close easily.




As soon as I saw this die, I knew that I wanted to cut some fabric with it.  The pocket and pocket flaps are separate, so you can die cut as many as you want.

I've added faux stitching all around and brads for a more authentic looking vest.  It would be cool to run this through a embossing folder to give it a quilted look too.  (I did do this, but the fabric I happened to choose doesn't hold the embossed design as well as I hoped.)

I also added an extra pocket on the inside to hold a gift card.  I just die cut the fabric again and cut off the sides (that way I didn't have to measure :-). )  As you can see, I added some white stitching on the inside as well.

The photo on the right shows you the sentiment (or journaling) card I created, using the gift card as my template.  That way I can write a quick note on the back of this.  The sentiments (which are a sneak peek from a new rubber stamp set - Vintage Pickup - coming soon from Sparkle N Sprinkle) was stamped with Distress Ink and heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.


On the left is what the vest looks like when opened and reveals the gift card.

The diamond background (again to give it a quilted look) was dry embossed using the DV Diamonds Background die.  The strip of patterned paper is from Carta Bella (Giddy Up - Boy).  I've added a bit of twine and my card for this great guy is completed.  Love how this die could be for any occasion - Father's Day, Birthday, or Just Because.




12 comments:

rachel said...

what a fabulous idea Anne - this is brilliant xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great card Anne. Love the die cut - as you said it could be used for so many occasions. Your take is awesome!

jimlynn said...

So cute and I love that little vest! Great die and a great card.
LYnn

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Anne!! I love the fabric you used for the vest!! It looks real!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

April said...

Great job, Anne! I love this. I love the textured vest so much.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Anne, I love the waistcoat.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

Fabulous! Very clever to turn it into a gift card holder!

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Anne, what an adorable vest!! and I love the lining too! A great die and you really did it justice! I think the emboss BG and the mustache border are perfect for it too!

Donna Ellis said...

wow! GREAT card, Anne! And yes! That die is wonderful with the fabric - so much detail in the vest - great job with all those moustaches and the teal background. The twin is perfect with the "buttons" on the vest! so much texture. hugs, de

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this great die- what a fun card. Love the faux stitching and the texture from the fabric is awesome!

nwilliams6 said...

Love that die! Great stamping, cutting, papers, and ideas here. When you open this up, the gift card is so perfect! A total WOW card Anne! Every man in my life would flip over this! Hugz!

NanaConnie said...

This is fantastic, Anne! What fabric did you use for the vest? I love it!! Great idea to add the gift card to the inside of the vest. I think I just love it all. :-D