Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sandy Beaches



I can't believe how quickly August has flown by!  Since it's the last week of August, that means it's time for the August New Release Blog Hop from Dude Time Doodles!  Three new dudes are joining the line up this month and will be available at the DTD store by 10am EST.

Although it's hard to tell, this card has four different layers for lots of dimension.  There is the base layer with the sun and sky, which was colored with Pan Pastels, then the head and feet, next is the sandy beach along with the bucket and shovel (which were sprayed with Goosebumps Texture Spray to simulate sand) , and finally, the sea shell and star fish.  Since there is so much depth, I decided a Clean and Simple card would be best.

As many of you know the New Release Blog Hop is circular.  You most likely came from Charlene, but if not, don't worry and just keep going until you've gone full circle.  Be sure to leave comments with each of us as one of us is the Mystery Host.  The winner will be chosen from that person's comments - so spread the love everywhere.  Your next stop will be Ruth.

Here's the complete line up:

Janet, our guest designer

Have fun, be inspired, and don't forget to leave each of us a comment as you never know which of us is the Mystery Host this month.

18 comments:

jimlynn said...

I've always wanted to be buried in sand like this!!! LOL!
CUTE card and image - love that button sun too!

Lynn

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card! Love that image, and you did a great job dressing it up with layers and that button for the sun.

Eret said...

Anne, another fanttastic card from you! Love the 3-D effect. It gives so much to the card. And your button sun is brilliant with its sparkly border. Love your card. It made me smile :)
Hugs, Eret

Sharon said...

Love the 3D effect of this card and that sand looks real!!! A Great card!

aqualeiga said...

Hi Anne, wow! I could tell how much hard work had gone into this as soon as I saw it, it really popped and the 3D effect is fab! Adore your button sunshine too.
Hugs, Ali x

Tammy said...

Wow Anne, terrific coloring!! Great idea to use a button for the sun, cute, cute card!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, I love what you have done with the image.
Kevin xx

nwilliams6 said...

Your sand is fabulous on this!!! I can see all the dimension and I think it is wonderful. Great job with Sandy - makes me want to go make another card with him! I wonder what the sand looks like on our beaches right now? We still haven't had any signs of the storm yet have you? Stay dry! Hugz!

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Anne, what a wonderful card love the button sun.
Thank you for allowing me to play with you all over the last month I have had a wonderful time.
Janet

Lisa Minckler said...

AWESOME!! Hahhaha...just love what you've designed here. You've really animated the scene perfectly. This looks terrific.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Anne, this is perfect! I feel like I've just come across this dude on the beach - he's so 3D I feel like I'm there (could be a tad bit of wishful thinking too - now if only there were dolphins in the background!!!) Love this guy and your card!

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, Your card is just adorable, all the bright summer colors and the 3D look is fantastic you did an awesome job with this card.
Hugs

Brenda said...

What a fun card!!! Love all the dimension and it really made me smile.

NanaConnie said...

Great coloring, Anne, and fantastic sky! I really love Sandy -- he's going to be so great for all those summer activity cards we need. Wonderful inspiration.

Jovan said...

AWESOME card...I love the coloring and raised look!

CraftyGirl said...

Just love him with those toes sticking out. What a great idea to use a button for the sun. I will have to use that sometime. Thanks for the inspiration.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

awesome coloring job & I really like the 3-D look!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Anne, and such a fun summer card...love how you used the button for the sun...what a great detail!!!!