Friday, August 10, 2012

Ladybug, ladybug




The challenge for Pattie's Creations is Anything But a Card....so I made a bookmark using the Ladybug Family image from Pattie's Esty store.

This was so fun and really easy to make.  After printing the image and cutting it out with Spellbinders, I colored the ladybugs with Copic markers and then created a mask for each one.  Next, I applied Viva Decor's Paper Soft Colors (light moss green, moss green) with a sponge dauber to simulate grass and the generously sprayed the whole thing with Goosebumps Texture Spray.  After removing the masks, the ladybugs didn't pop quite enough for me, so I added Glossy Accents to each of their bodies (which dried nice and rounded) and Enamel Accents to their trail of dots.  The tab at the top of the bookmark is another Spellbinder's die, Creative Page Tabs.  I wish you could feel all the texture on this bookmark.  It doesn't feel like paper at all; it's really hard to describe, but it's really cool.

Now, lets see what you come up with for this.  Be sure to see what the rest of the design team came up with to inspire you too.  You have two weeks to upload your creation to the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

Copics used: R35, R46, R59, BV29

10 comments:

rachel said...

beautiful bookmark Anne - love your use of glossy accents! xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable, love how the glassy accents makes them look real! Super cute bookmark!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Well Anne, I'm still trying to achieve that textured look since you told me how to do it awhile ago. I think I messed up with the order of using the spray, oh well.
This bookmark is gorgeous and I love everything about it, and I'm sure it would make a great gift for someone!

Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

jimlynn said...

Anne, you're just so creative it hurts me sometimes! LOL! Love you explaining how you do things! This bookmark is fabulous and those ladybugs just shine with the Glossy Accents! Fantastic!
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous bookmark Anne, I love the ladybirds
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous bookmark Anne and loving the textures you have created. I love the ladybugs they really pop with the glossy accents.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Brenda said...

Very cute! They're just marching right off the bookmark :)

nwilliams6 said...

Looks real! I love ladybugs and this is wonderful! My daughter did her first science fair project on ladybugs - she wanted to know what color ladybugs like best. We ordered a box which included a couple of hundred of them. Turns out they love clear or no color the best - I just knew it could be green! We let them go in our back yard and had zillions of ladybugs around our house for years - it was wonderful! Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugz!

Pattie G said...

Oh Anne, this bookmark is really nice! I love how you used my Ladybug Family Image and the glossy accents...

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty- love the dimension with the Glassy accents- and the great BG!