Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to You



Today's challenge #51 from Pattie's Creations is Birthdays.  And how appropriate since two of us on this design team are celebrating their birthdays today (Charlene and me).

Happy Birthday Charlene!

I've used Allie With Cupcake and printed the image twice, for both birthday celebrants.  (I have an older version that didn't include the stool.)  I fussy cut out the second cat and pop dotted it next to the first cat for added dimension.  The Cuttlebug embossing folder was a wonderful surprise from Tammy (thanks!) and was perfect for today's theme.  The images are colored with Copics and Spica glitter pens for added sparkle.  The candy dots on the cupcakes were given extra dimension using Liquid Pearls (white opal).  My background was done in chalk and some Washi tape, buttons, and twine were a final touch.

So when you visit the challenge blog to see what the design team has created for you, be sure to wish Charlene a very happy birthday too.  You have two weeks to upload your birthday card and you can use either a digi image or a rubber stamp as long as you follow the theme.  Don't forget to check out the rest of Pattie's wonderful images at her Esty store.  I'm sure there will be something there that strikes your fancy.

Copics used: W5, W6, W8, BV29, 110, R20    YR23, YR24, YR27    R81, R83, R85    Y15, Y18, FYR1    BV01, BV13, FV2    YG01, YG07
Spica pens: pitch black, lemon, orange, blossom

14 comments:

Pattie G said...

Hi Anne, Happy Birthday! I love this card and the way you colored two Allie's. They look so cute together... Have a wonderful Birthday!

Hugs
Pattie ♥

rachel said...

Happy Birthday Anne - what an appropriate card you've made! Hope you have a wonderful day! Big hugs Rachel xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous, I like the cats, the colours the embossing and the buttons.
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Oh Anne this is gorgeous I just love the design and the beauitful colours you have used and those kitties are adorable.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Forgot to add Happy Birthday Anne. I hope you have a fabulous day.

Hugs
Linda xxx

HappyCrafter said...

Happy birthday! Great card, such a cute image and eye catching layers. Enjoy the weekend!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Yay, Happy Birthday Anne! I think the dimension you add with double printing should be your signature design, since you do it so well! Oh, what a dummy I am, 2 cats, 2 cupcakes, duh 2 Birthdays today! I love it!

Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

jimlynn said...

Cute birthday card! Love the colors of the cats and that Happy Birthday embossing folder!
Lynn

jimlynn said...

Oops..........forgot!!!! How awful of me.......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Happy, happy birthday Anne! Hope you are having a marvelous day! Your card is fantastic, love the lime and purple! The embossed background looks great too!

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my, I missed your birthday by a day. Forgive me. Hope it was wonderful and magical in every way. Love how fun your card is and the colors are sooo great. You always come up with the coolest things. I just ordered some Pattie images this morning. Hopefully they will come today and I can play in the challenge in honor of your birthday. Birthday hugz to you my friend.

Joan Ervin said...

Happy Birthday, Anne...I hope it's the best one ever!!!!! Your Birthday card is adorable with the two little kitties and the great layout...tooo cute!!!

Eret said...

Oh my Goodnes, me oh, my! I let your birthday slip right by!
I don't know how I missed this post. I need stronger classes.
I hope you had awesome birthday!
Your card is totally adorable. Love the embossed background and bright colors.
Hugs, Eret

Charlene said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday and got spoiled rotten Anne. Love this card and the way that you printed Allie out twice to represent both our birthdays...and coloured him 2 different colours. I love the birthday embossed paper...I have that same embossing folder. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes.

Hugs ~ Charlene