Friday, August 3, 2012

Fisherman's Delight



I'm so excited to say that my card using Pattie's Creations Fisherman's Delight was selected to be published in the Designed to Color June/July 2012 edition.  This is a new magazine that is both in print (by subscription) and online.  One of the conditions of being published is that I couldn't share my project until 30 days after publication.  So I'm sharing it with you now.

The image is colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out so I could pop dot the fish for extra dimension.  I also applied Shimmerz (Angel Wings) paint to the fish for a more realistic look.   Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Labels 7 were used for my mats and distressed with Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy).  The sentiment is a rubber stamp by Unity Stamps that has been stamped on a Sizzix Movers and Shapers (Mini Ticket set) die cut.  The wires one each side of the image are actually Christmas ornament hooks that I picked up after Christmas because I thought they would look cool on a card.  Added a bit of ribbon, and a perfect card for any fisherman.  One more quick note - when I showed the card to my husband, he said "hey, those are my boots!"  Yep, I got the color idea from a pair of rubber boots he has.  Inspiration is everywhere.

I'm also entering this in the following challenge: Simon Says (sentiment).


Copics used: YG93, YG97, C3, YG99    Y23, YR21, E31, E35, E15, E18    R02, R05, R35, C00, C2, YG91, YG93
papers: first mat and card base: Creative Memories; middle panel- from stash, manufacturer unknown
other: Christmas ornament hooks, ribbon, pop dots


11 comments:

Eret said...

So awesome, Anne! I'm super happy for you! It's so fantastic that your card was in the magazine.
Your card is so cool. Specially the shimmering fish :)
Hugs, Eret

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations Anne, I am not surprised as your work is awesome. This is just amazing and beautifully coloured and loving the layout too.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

rachel said...

fabulous work - love it! And well done on the publication Anne! xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely fabulous Anne and congratulations on being published!

jimlynn said...

WOW, WOW, and triple WOW!!!! So proud of you Anne and can see why this was published! Beautiful! Congrats big time!
Lynn

Joan Ervin said...

Whoohoo!!! Congrats on being published, Anne...how exciting!!!! Your card is fantastic...the perfect guy card!!!! Love all the fun images and your coloring is gorgeous!!!!

Anna-Karin said...

Congrats! Fabulous card! Gorgeous colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Annie said...

Congratulations on your publication Anne x I have to say that I love this piece. The colours used are stunning together and your colouring is fabulous. TFS Annie x

Patricia St Martin said...

This is so exciting, Congratulations on being published, I'm so happy for you. You have created a wonderful masculine card. love your coloring and the layout. Great job.
Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

How fun and congrats on being published! They could do a whole magazine with your fun creations! Love the colors and coloring on that fish and the boots are fun! Great job! Hugz!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Congrats Anne, on being published! So exciting! This is an awesome card and your colouring is fantastic!