Thursday, August 9, 2012

Core Cards Creative Frenzy


Core'dinations is having a design team call and these are the three projects I've made for this call, all using Core'dinations cardstock.

For the first card, I've incorporated Sizzix rolled roses (3D Flowers) and Spellbinders foliage.  The first step is to sand down the Core'dinations cardstock to reveal the pattern.  Deckle cut the bottom edge for added interest.   Next, cut out three rolled roses and assemble.  Add pearls or brads to the flower centers and spritz with Smooch Spritz for a bit of sparkle.  Adhere to the front of your card and add a sentiment on the inside.



For my second card, I chose Core'dinations swiss dots and sanded down the top 2/3s, leaving the bottom as is.  Die cut several Chevron stripes from My Favorite Things and arrange.  The sentiment is die cut from a die by Savvy Stamps.  A very quick, easy, and fun card to make.




My third card incorporates a digital image from Pattie's Creations and a rubber stamp sentiment from Our Craft Lounge.  The first thing you need to do is choose some Core'dinations cardstock that is double sided with different colors.  Sand down portions of the pattern, letting the underlying color show through.  Using a Memory Box border die (Sanibel border), die cut the edge of the card, allowing the color from the inside to show through.  Color the image (I used Copic markers) and fussy cut out.

Add your favorite ribbon, or dye seam binding ribbon to coordinate with your image.  If dying your own, choose the reinkers associated with the colors in your image.  Cut a length of seam binding ribbon and spritz fairly heavily with water.  Place in plastic bag and add a few drops of the reinkers.  Massage/manipulate the bag until the seam binding is dyed.  (I used BG05,  BG07 Various reinkers to dye my seam binding.)  Stamp your sentiment on coordinating cardstock and cut out using Primo Labels from Memory Box.  Adhere ribbon and sentiment, placing the sentiment underneath the ribbon.

The deadline is tomorrow, so I just made it :-).  Good luck to all who enter.


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful stuff - I love the rolled roses - sooo pretty. I lost my die and of course, all I want to make is rolled roses. I hate to buy another set but I am going to have to. Good luck on the DT - they would be sooo lucky to have you! Hugz!

jimlynn said...

Anne, these are wonderful! Love the flowers on that first card! PERFECT! The last one with the dress is just so very pretty. Love all of them!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Fabulous creations, love the flowers, they are beautiful! Good luck!

Pattie G said...

Great Creations! I especially like the one where you used my Vintage Wedding Dress!

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great cards- Best of luck- what a fun DT to be on!