Friday, July 6, 2012

Just Because


I thought I would share something that I haven't done too much of lately: a layout.  Why, you ask?  Just Because!

This design is so versatile in so many ways.  For one thing, it's a great way to use your scraps that are piling up.  You can mix and match your papers or go with a monochromatic theme, or what ever strikes your fancy.  Another thing about this design is that you can use a vertical or horizontal photo or multiple photos.  And this design works well for both girls and guys.

The steps to make this layout are pretty simple.  The hardest part was deciding which scraps I wanted to use and what my color scheme was going to be.  The title of the layout was created with a Stampendous rubber stamp that I inked with Festive Berries Distress Ink and heat embossed.  A Spellbinders' scalloped die was then used to cut it out.  On a piece of scrap paper, I sketched the placement of my rays and where the title was going to go.  This became my pattern pieces to cut out the designer papers.  After everything is cut, I began the assembly process.

I actually worked from the bottom up and layered my pieces in a block design.  I added a bit of texture to the solid cardstock (the panel to the left of the photo) with Goosebumps Texture Spray.  For more pizzazz,  I masked off the rest of the layout and applied VersaMark and clear embossing powder to the sun burst rays at the top of the layout, giving them a very shiny appearance.  As a final touch to the rays, add a bit of faux stitching.

I matted the photo so it would stand out more, adhered my title, and began adding the embellishments.  The tab and sentiment are computer generated and cut out; the circle border is a My Favorite Things die (Dainty Dots border); and a bit of Washi tape (My Mind's Eye) is the final touch.


9 comments:

rachel said...

fab LO Anne - really great! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous page Anne, great layout and I like the glasses border.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Wow Anne, outstanding! Love the layout and the rays are perfect! Handsome young man too I might add!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love all of the details in your layout- esp the rays of sunlight- I have to try this!

jimlynn said...

Anne, this is wonderful! Love the rays a the top and the little border of eyeglasses at the bottom. Great layout and page!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

A wonderful layout Anne, I love the border of glasses and beautiful colours too.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Erum Tasneem said...

fabulous! I love how you incorporated so many scraps and gelled them together!

nwilliams6 said...

I am going to try this - it is a perfect way to use up some scraps and it looks fabulous. I will leave off all the spraying though - spraying and me are a dangerous mixture. TFS! Hugz!

Joan Ervin said...

This is a fabulous layout, Anne...I especially love the idea of using scraps...thanks for the inspiration!!!!