Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Birthday Scene




For this card, I used the Die-Version's July new release Birthday Scene, but as a twist, I used all the negative portions.  It's much easier and quicker than you think.  After die cutting the image, I used the result like a puzzle (or the game of Operation - if you're old enough to remember that one) and inserted the negative pieces in each slot.  I could have cut the shape out in red and placed white cardstock behind it, but this way gives it added interest.  Next, I cut out a window out of the patterned paper (My Mind's Eye) and pop dotted the window for more dimension.  

Here is a side view so you can see the window that I'm referring to.  In hindsight, I would have cut the window out of the card base and placed the red part on the inside of the card.  Oh well, next time.

The message is an older clear stamp from a Hero Arts set that I added glitter to for a bit of bling.  There are so many different ways you can use this die, including birthdays and anniversaries and it's great for all ages.





5 comments:

rachel said...

what a clever idea Anne - and so effective! Have a fab day! Rachel xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

It looks fabulous Anne, I like the colours.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Terrific card Anne, love the red and white polkadots!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this card- very cool idea to use the negative of the die- love the white on red too!

jimlynn said...

Great way to use the negative portion and love this wonderful card! So pretty.
Lynn