Friday, May 4, 2012

Tulips for Mom

card closed (front)
pop up card opened (inside)




Mother's Day is a little over a week away.  And Pattie's Creations has the perfect challenge for you: a Mother's Day card.

For this challenge, I decided to make a pop up card using Pattie's Tulip in aVase image from her Esty store.  I printed the image twice as I also wanted to add dimension to a few of the tulip heads.  The pop up base is a die from Sizzix that I adhered the Copic marker colored image.  I added a rub-on or two, and the inside was complete.

Next I had to decide how to decorate the front panel.  After playing around a bit, I decided to used a VLVS rubber stamp for my sentiment.  I stamped this in the center of a Spellbinder's Lacey Oval die cut (#4) and wove twine around the outside of the die cut as well as the first layer of the front.  I must confess that this color twine was a happy accident.  I had sprayed the quilled strips of paper with Smooch Spritz (Electric Blue) and some of it had gotten on my fingers.  I was moving one of the twine bobbins out of the way and some of the ink got on parts of the twine.  Instead of throwing it away, I decided that it was worth a try to see if I could dye it like you can ribbon.  I retrieved a plastic bag, put the cantaloupe striped twine in the bag and spritzed more Smooch Spritz inside the bag and just swooshed  it around.  Needless to say, I was very happy with the results.  Parts of the twine didn't get dyed, but other parts became different colors.

I pop dotted the sentiment and completed the card with my quilled pieces.  Now it's your turn to show us your Mother's Day creation at Pattie's Creations Challenge Blog.  You'll have two weeks, and remember, you must use an image (either digi or rubber) for our challenges.

I'm entering this in the following challenges: Shopping Our Stash (Mothers' Day or girly); Sweet Stamps (for mom); Whoopsi Daisy (flowers); Creative Inspirations paints (flowers).


Copics used: R21, R32, R43, YR09    G12, G14, G07, G17    B0000    Y00

21 comments:

rachel said...

This is lovely Anne - I think anyone opening the card is in for a lovely surprise! Hugs Rachel xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Anne, what a wonderful pop up card, I think its brilliant.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Super fantastic pop-up card Anne! The image is absolutely beautiful and I love, love your treatment using the twine.

Carolyn King said...

How fun is that----fantastic card! love all the dimension and the pop up feature!

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful card Anne, loving those tulips and the way they are showcased.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Sometimes accidents turn into the prettiest! Great way to color twine now I think!
Beautiful card and love that pretty image and the way it just seems to jump off the card! Gorgeous!
Lynn

Sandra DeFalco said...

Anne - I'm happy that you posted the sideview of the tulips, this looks awesome! I'm loving those swirly thingys on the front. Is that called 'quilling'? I like it whatever it is!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Pattie G said...

WOW Anne! This is so pretty. I love how you colored my Tulips in Vase image and those colors are awesome.

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is just lovely, I love this fold! Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this time:)

BarbaraW said...

Lovely quilling and great pop-up card. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints blog challenge.

Leslie Hanna said...

I've colored ribbon with reinkers and water, and it's so fun! It's great you had the idea to experiment with the twine - it came out great!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Bettina L. said...

What a great design for a mothers day card. Love how the flowers pop up. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina GDT xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done inside and out! I love the dyed twine in the die cut- the color is perfect- and love the quilled accents. How fun to open a card and find a pop-up- how fun is that! Love the beautiful floral image.

Carly said...

Sensational and very clever!

Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week, and remember if you use a Whoopsi Daisy image you could be an extra lucky winner.

xoxox Carly

Unknown said...

Wow gorgeous design!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps!!!!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic pop up card...

Thanks stopping by mine & leaving such kinds words about my card...much appreciated!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

paige said...

What a lovely surprise when you open the card! So happy you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Anne...what an amazing design!!!! I just love the popped up tulips...they are sooo pretty and the front with the twine looks awesome!!!!

Charlene said...

This card is totally awesome Anne! I love the quilling that you did on the front...but I equally love the way you have Pattie's vase of roses as a pop up on the inside...fabulous!
Hugs ~ Charlene

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Beautiful! I love the surprise inside! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com and good luck in the challenge!

CG said...

Love Pattie's tulips images! This is so gorgeous; love how you've popped those tulips. I just did something similar, and it really is worth the work. Beautiful!