Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sun and Surf



It's the first Wednesday of the month, so that means it's time for a new challenge from Dude Time Doodles.  This week's challenge is all about sports.


Living in the South, most everyone lives for football.  Other sports (basketball, baseball) are fillers until college ball begins again.  Since I lived in California for many years, I immediately thought Waylon Waves  would be a fun image to use for sports day.

After coloring with Copic markers and fussy cutting,  I pop dotted Waylon onto Creative Memories paper cut with Spellbinders Labels Ten.  As I was trying to decide how to make the card base, I found this piece of Echo Park paper (Splash collection) in my stash and it started screaming to be made into a layout.  I used to do layouts all the time, but not so much anymore.  There are probably less than five posts on my blog with layouts.  But it's fun to do something different for a change.  I kept going through my stash and adding layers that coordinated.  I even have a pocket tag for journaling (or another photo).  On the Bazzill cardstock base, I randomly painted watered down gesso for a fun look.  The border on the side is from Lifestyle Crafts.  Nothing fancy or formal, but low key - just like a dude ridin' the waves.

One final note, for those of you afraid to use glitter on your guy creations, don't be.  If you look closely, I've added PK Glitz glitter to the white cap and parts of the water.  Gives a very shimmery look to the layout.

You have one week to upload your Sports themed project to the Dude Time Doodles challenge blog.  Remember, it needs to be for a Dude.  Can't wait to see what sport you use.

I'm entering this in the following challenges: That Craft Place (one for the boys); The Crazy Challenge (summer/beach); Ooh La La (make it manly).


Copics used: E01, E11, E13, BV20    YG91, YG93, YG97    YR12, YR15, YR18, FVG2    Y23, E51, Y38, E55    E51, E53, E55, YR14
PK Glitz: White Pearl, Tanzanite, Aquamarine

11 comments:

Unknown said...

He, he, sweet photos and drawings on your blog :)

Greets,
Holiday Rentals Saas Fee

rachel said...

Fantastic card Anne - I really love this character - he's brilliant xx Hugs Rachel xx

Tammy said...

Just super Anne! Love the touch of sparkled on the waves and the watery background you created for Waylon!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Anne this is just fabulous!!!!! I am so loving the layout and the waves look stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Perfect "waves" and a great layout! Fantastic.
Lynn

Dawn said...

Great layout Anne, Waylon looks cool in the sparkly waves. Love all the little details too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is brilliant Anne, fab colouring Waylon looks so cool.
Kevin xx

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome layout....love your cool surfer dude and you have used some beautiful papers and colors!!!!

Anne said...

Brilliant man layout! Glad you popped into OLL this time to share your design. Hugs x

CG said...

I just saw that this won the prize for the Beach challenge at the Crazy Challenge. Congrats! This layout always makes me smile :) Best, CG

Daniele said...

what a great LO thanks for joining us at OLL this week
hugs