Friday, May 18, 2012

Nap Time



TGIF!  and since it's Friday, that means it's time for a new challenge from Pattie's Creations.  Today's challenge is a Recipe.  Use 3 or more of the following: buttons, ribbon, flowers, glitter, charm, sentiment, gems or pearls.

I decided to use Nap Time from Pattie's Esty store for this challenge because the image is so darn cute!  Well, I was able to incorporate four of the ingredients into my card - glitter, ribbon, pearls, sentiment.  The image was printed three times and colored with Copic markers.  As you can see by the photo on the right, I have a base, then I cut out the kitten and the lip of the pot to pop dot, and finally I have pop dotted just the kitten.  Lots of fun dimension going on.

For the background behind the image, I stamped Hero Arts/Basic Grey rubber stamps (Picadilly collection) with glue and then sprinkled glitter all over.  Various Spellbinder dies were used to cut out the circle, the scalloped circle, and the scalloped oval.   I applied a Pearl Pen (Ice White) around each scallop for my pearls.  Originally, my base for the glittered background was white, but I didn't like it.  So I spritzed Walnut Ink (Terra Cotta) on it, which brought out the silver glitter better and coordinated with the terra cotta pot.  I also sprited the card base with this Walnut Ink as well.  My sentiment is a rubber stamp from Stampabilities that I've had for a while.  It says "a little Hello", but the hello is not as clear in the photo because I also highlighted that word with a glitter pen and it's reflecting.

Here is a close up of the image, and you can see the dimension a bit better as well. From head on, you really don't see three sets of paws (it was the upward angle of my shot).

Now it's your turn to stir up a scrumptious   project using at least three of the ingredients listed above.  You'll have two weeks to upload it to Pattie's Creations challenge blog.  Be sure to visit the rest of the team and see which ingredients they used for their projects.

Copics used: E07, E08, E09, E19, E77    R20, T3, T5, T6, N5, N6


11 comments:

Tammy said...

Adorable Anne! Love all the dimensions you've used on the card and the kitten is just so cute!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I like the sweet image and the bow.
Kevin xx

Sandra DeFalco said...

Wowee Anne! It still looks like cork to me, who knew rubber stamping could get that effect. Great job of adding dimension with the litter of kittens, LOL, it looks awesome!!!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Linda Simpson said...

I love this very much reminds me of my own cat Tiggy. She is such a character. I am loving how you have made this and the dimension is fabulous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Margaret said...

What a stunning card Anne! You put so much effort into this card as well, and it has paid off!!!

Margaret said...

What a stunning card Anne! You put so much effort into this card as well, and it has paid off!!!

Petra said...

Anne, your talent never ceases to amaze me. Left a blog award for you on my blog this evening*

Petra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jimlynn said...

SO pretty! Love that dimension and what a precious image too. And WHAT a bow....WOW!
Lynn

Pattie G said...

WOW Anne!
I just love this card and the fact that you created your own paper makes it so special. I love how you colored my image "Nap Time"

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love how you have that sweet little kitty draped over the pot and what a pretty sparkly background!!!!! This is absolutely adorable!!!