Friday, April 27, 2012

Mama Yoga



I discovered a new place to purchase digital images thanks to Tammy.  It's Mayzy Arts and her images are a delight to color.  Love the way she draws hair and eyes (which usually give me troubles).  This is Yoga Mama from the parenthood section, and she's colored with Copic markers.

I also used a couple of recycled items.  Can you guess what they are?  The "yoga mat" that she's sitting on is actually a piece of nubby shelf liner and the yellow background is a piece of packing material from a die I purchased that I painted some gesso on for more of a distressed look.

I'm entering this in the following challenge: Stampendous (recycle).

Lifestyle Crafts: Scalloped Oval #3 die
papers: Basic Grey (Lime Rickey), Creative Memories
Copics used: Y38, YR04, YR18 (shirt/socks)    T2, T3, T4 ( shorts)  V93, V95, RV99, W7, 100, Y11 (hair)    E15, E17, E29 (skin)    E31, E35, E37 (eyes)

10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Anne, this is fabulous, I am loving Mama Yoga! Love the embellishments too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

WOWSERS!!! Anne, this is awesome. Love the image and the little "mat" she's sitting on - but your coloring on this is over the top! Fantastic!!!
Lynn

Joan Ervin said...

Isn't she adorable....your coloring is gorgeous and I love the recycled items you used...sooo clever!!!!

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you like Mayzy's images, I think they're terrific! Wonderful card and I love your recycled embellishments! I cannot image sitting in that position, expecting or not, and being able to stand back up! Super card!

rachel said...

I LURV this image Anne - its fabbydabby doo! And your card is great xxx

Michelle VP said...

Such great coloring on this card, Anne! Love that you used shelf liner for her mat - you're making me look at every day items in a whole new way! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

How cute is this!!!! Thanks for playing in the April Stampendous! Challenge!!!

Jingle said...

Very cute card! Love the yoga mat! Thanks for playing along with the Stampendous! Challenge!

Unknown said...

Your coloring of AA skin is outstanding! Love the colors and would love to know which Copics you used! Sweet!

Michelle-a-bella said...

Yes, I too would love to know which copics you used to color her skin and everything else!!! Just beautiful!!