Monday, April 16, 2012

Dream




Today's Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge is to make a pocket card.



Once I decided to use this Word Art from Paper Makeup Stamps, I designed a criss-cross type of card to fit this rectangle.  I added glitter to the edges by first applying double sided tape (so I would have straighter lines) and then I added PK Glitz glitter as well as some rick rack ribbon.  I also changed the colors of the word art by using my Gimp software (it's like Paint.net, but for a Mac).  I still wanted a bit more sparkle, so I outlined the letters of "dream" in coordinating Spica glitter pens and used Smooch Pearlized Ink (siren) to bling up the heart.

Once I had my pocket made, I wanted to make a basic card shape so I could add a note to the recipient on the inside.  I hand stitched along one corner and added buttons to finish it off.

You have one week to upload your pocket card to the Digi Makeover Challenge link button.  Don't forget you must use a digi for our challenges.  Check out what great pocket card ideas the rest of the team came up with too.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Super pocket card Anne! Love the rickrack and glitter!

rachel said...

fab card Anne - love the sentiment especially xx

Eret said...

Anne, your card is so pretty and bright. The one who gets it, is very lucky :) Just looking at it already makes me smile, to get it as a present would be perfect :)
Eret xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous pocket card Anne, I like the sentiment, the colours and the rick rack.
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Anne this is beautiful. I do so love the sentiment.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

SO cute and love the little pocket card! Really like the way you changed the colors of the letters on here - I have Paint.net....and need to figure out how to do that!
Love it.
Lynn

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a cute pocket card...love how you used the rick rack!!!!!

Michelle VP said...

Love how you enlarged your saying and added color to "dream" and the hearts! And I like all the other little details too with the buttons, stitching, rick rack and the glittery tape - perfect! :)