Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bowlegged Cowboy


The first Wednesday challenge from Dude Time Doodles will tickle your funny bone.  It's all about jokes.  Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is Pattie's Creations and she will be giving the winner two images from .
I went about this challenge a bit backwards (I think) because I researched jokes on the Internet, found one I liked, and then found the perfect Bonibleaux Designs image, Deputy Dave, to go with the joke.  "Why did the bowlegged cowboy get fired?     Because he couldn't keep his calves together!"  

The image is colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out.  The background paper and yee-haw "ribbon" are from DSE and I applied Distress Stickles (frayed burlap) around the outside edge and then brushed it inward for a more distressed look.  Everyone knows that a good cowboy needs a lasso to help round up those calves he keeps loosing.  The sentiment was created on the computer and outlined with Spica glitter pens and the card base was cut out using a Lifestyles Crafts die.

Now it's your turn to make us laugh.  You have one week to upload your creation to the Dude Time Doodles challenge blog using the link button.  Don't forget to see what the other Dude/Dudettes have come up with for your laughing pleasure.

Copics used: E55, E97, E99    E11, E13, E15    B21, B26    R14, R39    T3, T4, T7





9 comments:

rachel said...

Great card Anne - and yes it made me chuckle! Fab challenge - I'll enjoy this one! I've got candy by the way should you be interested! Hugs Rachel x

Tammy said...

Deputy Dave looks super on the fabulous background, looks like leather! Love the lasso, great touch.

McCrafty's Cards said...

This made me chuckle Anne, brilliant card.
Kevin xx

Michelle B. said...

Thanks for the chuckle first thing this morning! Your creations are always amazing, I'll miss working with you! It's not goodbye just see ya later in Blogland!

Dawn said...

Great research Anne! I love your card & your joke! Perfect!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is brilliant Anne! I love the sentiment too! LOL

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

LOL! Anne, it just doesn't get much cuter than this!! LOVE IT! And of course, the sentiment is outstanding too!
Lynn

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love your joke and what a super card! Love all your added details and really like the rustic look of the background.

CG said...

I just adore this cute card! The base is so cool; love the shape. Love his lasso too!