Friday, March 23, 2012

Tiki Totem


Challenge #40 for Pattie's Creations is Anything Goes.  There are so many fun images to choose from Pattie's Esty store that I had a hard time deciding.  The sponsor for this challenge is Dude Time Doodles and the winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the store.

I knew I wanted to try a variation of the Frosted Window technique that I saw here, so I thought the Tiki Pole Flora would be a fun image to use this technique with.  In the original tutorial, the vellum image was pop dotted on top of the image on cardstock.  But I wanted an actual window.  (You can see a bit of the inside patterned paper through the front of the card.)  I created the frame around the vellum by stamping a vine image that I've had for a long time and then applying PK Glitz glitter (burgundy, clover) around the inner and outer edge of the frame.


Once you open the card, you can see the vellum window, again framed with PK Glitz glitter, and the main image, which is more vibrantly colored than the vellum image.  I added a clear stamp sentiment to go along with the tropical feel of this card.  This was a fun technique to try and maybe next time, I'll do it the way it was originally suggested.

Now it's your turn to join us at Pattie's Creations for the Anything Goes challenge.  You can use a digi or rubber stamp for you project (the rest of the rules are posted on the site) and you have two weeks.  Don't forget to check out what the rest of the team has created for you - and if you like it, we all love to receive your comments.

Copics used: vellum - G02, G03, G07    Y00, Y02, Y04, YR00, YR01, YR02    R14, R24    E33, E35, E37    BG15, BG45, R04, R09, Y17, Y19, Y38    B00, B01, B02  YR16, YR18  R14, R17, R27   cardstock - G16, G19, G29    YR04, YR07, YR09, Y15, Y17, Y19    R14, R24, R27    E15, E17, E39    BG49, BG59, RV06, RV09, Y17, Y19, Y38    B12, B14, B16  YR16, Y18   RV14, RV17, RV19    R14, R17, R27





6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Anne, I like the pole,and the fab colours.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Terrific Anne and great choice of colors!

Sandra DeFalco said...

This looks great Anne, so colorful! I had a look at the tute video, and I might try it with digis printed on the vellum and cardstock. I'm pretty sure I can adjust the vellum image to be lighter in my photo program.
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

jimlynn said...

Great technique and a fabulous card! Love the look of the totem pole and that was a great choice for the technique. So pretty.
Lynn

rachel said...

fab totem - I saw the clarity version the other week - but this is lovely too xx hugs rachel xx

Pattie G said...

Anne,

Sorry I am late commenting here. I just love how you colored my totem pole image and all of your embellishments.

Hugs
Pattie