Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Zeke Zorro



Zeke Zorro is the Freebie this week from Dude Time Doodles.  Now I have to tell you, Zeke is a much better lover than fighter, but he'll fight to defend his girl's honor (and he's always wins) when he has to.


Zeke is colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out so he could be encircled by stars (Nellie Snellen die).  The background mat was created by embossing a Cherry Lynn die and distressing with Distress Inks (Dusty Concord).  I love using their dies to emboss with almost as much as using them to cut.  Then I spritzed  it with water and Smooch Spritz (Vanilla Shimmer).  I offset this on the base red cardstock for a bit of added interest, added my sentiment (stickers from Creative Memories that I've had for a long time), a bit of twine, and I now have a fun masculine card. 


You will have one week to grab Zeke for your very own and create something with him.  Be sure to visit the rest of the design team for more great ideas using Zeke.  


I'm entering this is the following challenges: iCopic (hearts); Mark's Finest Papers (sprays); Stampendous (texture).


Copics used: E00, E01, E11    BV25, BV29    E23, E25, E27    R35, R37, R39, R89    C2, C3, C4    BV00, BV01, BV02

12 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, I like the colours you have used and the design.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely fabulous Anne! Love the bright red tights and hat and the stickers are perfect!

CG said...

Love this, one of my favorite color combos! Oh my gosh I want those dies! Love how you made that background, it looks so awesome. So great working with you at DTD!

jimlynn said...

Zeke looks so handsome in all the purple and red! Love that die you used to frame him too! Fantastic card.
Lynn

Pat said...

Greta colors. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous Anne. Love the colours and Zeke looks fab too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn said...

Anne, have you & Zeke got a thing going????? Fab work Dudette!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Michelle B. said...

Wow, I never would have thought of purple and red together! Those colors are awesome together! Love everything about your card!

Maire Gamber said...

Wonderful card! I just love the image!!! Thank you for joining us at iCopic! Please come back!
Hugs,
Marie

Designing with Debbie said...

LOL. Cute card. Love the image and the beautiful colors. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a fun card!!!

StampendousGraphics said...

Super cute card and lots of texture! Thanks so much for playing in our February challenge!