Friday, February 24, 2012

Vintage Mannequin with Hat






The theme for today's challenge at Pattie's Creations is Vintage. I wanted to create something a bit different for this challenge, so I altered a cigar box.  I took pages from a very old book and decoupaged them to cover the entire box. The "stamps" all around the box are from a sheet of Graphic 45 paper that I cut up.  I wanted to replicate the feel of an old travel trunk covered with images from all the far away places visited.  The image, Vintage Mannequin with Hat from Pattie's Esty store, is colored with Copic markers.  I printed the image twice and fussy cut both out as I wanted to partially pop dot the mannequin head and hat from the table (as you can see in this photo).


I also created several roses with the Rose Creations dies from Spellbinders and added them to the corner.















You have two weeks to upload your Vintage creations to Pattie's Creations challenge blog.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created for you too.

Other ingredients: Copics (E30, R29, R20, YR30    R05, R08, R89    YG05, YG07, YR21, YR23, YR24);  Spica Glitter pen (gold); Spellbinder's Label Eight #4; Distress Ink (tea dye); Smooch Spritz (limolicious)

9 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

This looks so fantastic, love the rustic look.

Tammy said...

Wow Anne, I think you were extremely successful at recreating an old steamer-trunk! Gorgeous and the image and flowers are absolutely perfect!

Pattie G said...

Anne, this is so pretty! You put a lot of work into this creation. I love how you colored my image and those flowers are gorgeous!

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Sandra DeFalco said...

Anne - I love all the work you put into this creation! I had a suspicion that it was a cigar box. I'm definitely going to check out the Spellbinders die since your flowers are gorgeous!!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is fabulous Anne, it does look like and old travel trunk, a well travelled one, I like the image and the gorgeous flowers.
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Stunning and just so elegant and pretty. LOVE this project Anne! Fantastic job!
Lynn

Anne said...

very beautifully done.. I love the vintage and artistic flair you have given this cigar box.. thank you for sharing..

scrap_in_time said...

Anne, this is absolutely fabulous! Love it!

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my word Anne you have really outdone yourself with this project it is absolutely gorgeous. LOVE IT!!!!!

Hugs
Linda xxx