Monday, February 13, 2012

Retail Therapy Gift Tag


This week's challenge from the Digi Makeover Challenge is to use only a portion of an image.






I went a step further and used a portion of a couple different images from the Retail Therapy set, plus one of the sentiments from the set from Paper Makeup Stamps.  The images are cut using the Peony die  from Spellbinders.  Instead of making a card, I made a gift card holder tag and distressed it with Distress Inks (Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Brushed Corduroy) and Smooch Spritz (vanilla shimmer).  The other thing I did a bit differently on the images is to shade the background so the white of the uncolored image would really pop.  I wasn't really sure if this would work, but I'm happy with the way they turned out.  The images are attached to the tag with brads, so they can move around. 


Now it's your turn.  You'll have one week to upload your cropped digi image to the Digi Makeover Challenge blog.  The rules are listed on the blog, but are very simple: you must use a digi image and follow the theme of the week.  If you use a Paper Makeup Stamp, the winner will receive a larger prize.


Copics used: R81, R83, R85, R89




5 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Great tag Anne, I like the design and the fab sentiment.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

Too fun! Love the images you used and such a clever way to give a gift card!

jimlynn said...

What a cute way to give someone a gift card! Just so pretty and I can understand the sentiment completely! LOL! Wonderful creation.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

I love this tag Anne, this sentiment is just what I did today :) Well I did have a good excuse :)

Hugs
Linda xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful tag! I love the partial images- they work perfectly for this tag- and how this would be perfect for my daughter!!!