Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lucky Strike



It's that time of the month.  Of course I mean Dude Time Doodles Inspiration Challenge.  Here is the inspiration board plus an added little twist - use dies or punches (die cutting machines qualify too).  Our sponsor is Stamp by Step and the winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to the store.


Lucky Strike, a Bonibleaux Designs digital image from the Dude Time Doodles store, wanted to play in this challenge.  Since we needed to use dies (one of my favorite things to do on a card), I decided to create a scene with different dies.  After coloring Lucky with Copic markers and fussy cutting him out, he's standing on a pitcher's mound created with Spellbinders Deckled Ovals.  His background was created using Spellbinder's Wonky Rectangles and the sun and the cloud are die-namics from My Favorite Things.

The patterned paper behind the scene is actually a page from an old book that I inked up with my Distress Stains to coordinate with the image. The card base is from Core'dinations.

Now it's your turn to be inspired.  You don't have to use a Dude Time Doodles image, but we really appreciate it when you do and remember, it's got to be for a dude.  You have one week to upload your creation to the Dude Time Doodles challenge blog.  Be sure to check out the awesome creations from the rest of the Dude and Dudettes.

Copics used: YR00, YR01, YR02, YR14    BG01, BG02, BG09    E11, E13, E15    E35, E39    E40, E41

10 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, fab colouring of the image and I like the design.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

What Anne, you really knocked it out of the park with this fun card and just in time for the start of baseball! Wonderful scene you created.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful colouring and love these colours.

Hugs
Linda xx

jimlynn said...

Fabulous and I love how you did the clouds and sun! And when I think of baseball, I always think of spring and pretty weather - like these clouds and sun! Outstanding.
Lynn

Dawn said...

Awesome work Anne! To Die for!!! lol
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!! Anne great job, love your card. Really like the die you used to cut out your image. Wonderful job coloring.
Hugs, :)

NanaConnie said...

Great card, Anne! Perfect use of the colors in the photo. Hope I have time to get something done this week. I missed last week completely. :-(

Shelly Schmidt said...

Out of the park! Hey hey hey- this is adorable! This is the next season...go Cubbies!

THERESA said...

Absolutely super, love your coloring!!
I have something on my blog for you................*big smiles*
lotsa luv

Michelle B. said...

You've hit a home run with this one! Fab coloring and love the papers!