Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Luck o'the Irish



I created a gift/treat bag (Sizzix) to fill with yummy goodies for St. Patrick's Day, using several different techniques, for the iCopic challenge (anything but a card).  The first technique I wanted to try is called Glittered Copics, where you use your Copic markers to tint glitter.  (You can find the video tutorial here.)  I began by taping the umbrella stencil from Dreamweavers to white cardstock and using a glue pad to apply glue to the exposed area.  I didn't want to glitter the entire card as was done in the tutorial; just the umbrella.  Next I liberally applied PK Glitz glitter (white pearl) to the glue, burnished it in with my fingertip, and then colored with my Copics.  This was a really fun technique and I definitely want to try it again.

I decided to add a black mat so the glittered umbrella would pop better.  The background for the umbrella was created by using several layers of the Canadian Kaleidoscope and the Canadian Kaleidoscope Angel Wings dies from Cheery Lynn.  The sentiment is cut with Spellbinders and for the background, I used a technique called Chalk Attraction (you can find out more about it here) with a shamrock rubber stamp.  I also used this same rubber stamp to create coordinating tissue paper. 
Once I had written my sentiment, I wanted it to be 

shiner, so I applied Versamark over the entire die cut and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Lastly, I added some shamrock ribbon to complete the project.

I think I bake some shamrock cookies to fill this cute treat bag.

In addition to the iCopic challenge, I'm entering this in the Dreamweavers (go green or go Bragh) challenge, the Cheery Lynn (lots of layers) challenge, and Sweet Stamps (St. Patrick's Day) challenge.

Copics used: YG05, YG09, YG67. G17

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow Anne! Absolutely fantastic! The umbrella is positively gorgeous! Everything about this is a fabulous creation!

jimlynn said...

LOVE that umbrella and the way you did the Copic/glitter! Know that REALLY shines! Wonderful project.
Lynn

Cherylynn said...

Anne,

Oh what fun! Thanks for sharing!!!

Louise said...

Wonderful project Anne! I know I'd love to get that bag of cookies. Thanks for playing along with the Dream Team!

Sandie said...

Gorgeous gift bag, colours are gorgeous too!!! Thanks so much for taking part in this weeks challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs. Best of luck with the DT call.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

That umbrella is stunning Anne! Lots of details in your creation too, from the bag all the way to the sentiment!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is so cool- love the green umbrella- I have to go watch the copic glitter tutorial! Love your gift bag and how you did the sentiment too. Thanks so much for joining in the Sweet Stamps challenge- so fun to see blog friends playing in the challenge!!!

Pam Hornschu said...

So cute and clever! I'd love some shamrock cookies in this cute gift bag! Thanks for playing along with us again!

Celeste Glover said...

What a lot of effort you have gone to Anne! This looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs.

jonim52 said...

What an adorable gift bag. Love the details. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

What a fabulous job! That is quite project, it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it. Thanks for joining us on the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Laura Drahozal said...

This is really incredible. I love what you did with the umbrella. Very sparkly!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

What a gorgeous spring gift bag! Love the St. Patty's day theme too! Thanks for joining us at iCopic!
Hugs,
M

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh! I have been wanting to try the burnished glitter technique! You doe such a fabulous job with this!! Thank you so much for joining us at iCopic. :)

Unknown said...

This is amazing!!!! Love the umbrella and the colors are gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us at sweetstamps!!!!