Saturday, February 11, 2012

I {heart} U





I had a little time to make a card for fun and I decided to make one more Valentine's card before V-Day.  This was a really quick and easy card.  Meet Automation, Love Robot, a digi from Paper Makeup Stamps.  He's colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out.  One of the things I really like about fussy cutting is that thinner pieces tend to curl on their own without having to put pop dots under them.  That was definitely the case with his arms.  It gives the card a very dimensional look to it.

The heart behind this cutie was created using Word and cutting it out.  Although you don't really see it from this angle, I also applied Versamark over the entire heart and then clear embossed it.  In person, it's very shiny.  Since this will be for a teen boy, this is a very CAS type of card.  On the inside, I stamped Happy Valentine's Day all over as a background for the hand written note.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Super valentine for a young man and the image is perfect! Love the polkadot heart.

McCrafty's Cards said...

I like this image Anne, great for a Lad. fabulous card.
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

Great card for a teen, Anne! Love the way your framed him out in the pretty heart. Perfect valentine's Day card!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Great card for a teenager Anne. Love the heart and the image is fab.

Hugs
Linda xxx