Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello Cupcake


The new challenge for Pattie's Creations is embossing.  It's you to you whether you choose to dry emboss or to heat emboss, but you must use a digi or rubber stamp.  (The rest of the rules are posted on the blog for more clarification).

I've chosen the cupcake image from Pattie's Esty store and printed it out on Cryogen text weight paper (it's a lighter weight than cardstock) and colored with Copic markers.  I love using the Cryogen papers because they are iridescent and have a wonderful shimmer to them.

For the background, I chose dry embossing.  First I cut out more Cryogen paper with Spellbinder's Label Ten (#5) and then used the Cathedral Lace Frame die from Cheery Lynn Designs to dry emboss the paper.  I've found that I can use the Cheery Lynn dies, along with their embossing pad, and emboss the design as well as cut it out.  It's sort of like two for the price of one.   I must tell you their embossing plates are fantastic too.  Since I wanted the detail to stand out more, I reached for my Paper Soft Colors (Lilac) and used a dauber to apply the color.  It gives it a nice subtle look to the dry embossing.  Next, I pop dotted the fussy cut image onto the background.  For the sentiment, I stamped the birthday message (The Rubber Cafe) directly onto the ribbon.  I also added some Creative Inspirations paints (light purple) to the mat and card base for added sparkle.

You have two weeks (until 2/9/12) to show us your embossing skills and upload them to the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog.  Be sure to check out all the other team members creations too.

I'm also entering this card in the Cheery Lynn Designs (dry embossing) challenge.


11 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow Anne, the background is absolutely beautiful! Love the embossing folder you used and the cupcake looks good enough to eat! Wonderful birthday card.

Sandra DeFalco said...

Anne - super embossing and I love the colors of the cupcake!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fab colour Anne, I like the embossing and the colours.
Kevin xx

Linda Simpson said...

Love the title of your post!!! The cupcake looks good enough to eat. The embossing is superb and card it gorgeous as always xxx

Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful embossing and love this cute and yummy looking cupcake!!! I can almost taste it from here!
Wonderful card.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the Cheery Lynn embossing- I did not think of trying to emboss it- cool! I love your fabulous coloring and always love your card layouts!

Pattie G said...

Anne,
This is really different! I love how you colored my Cupcake Image. It looks good enough to eat!

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Celeste Glover said...

That cupcake looks good enough to eat! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Sandie said...

Great use of the Cathedral Lace Frame in embossing, makes for a great card background. Thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge over at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog.

Anonymous said...

such a pretty card
Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

JustYolie said...

Very pretty card! :)
Stopping by to invite you to visit Link Up for Pink's new website http://www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

(I also have a giveaway on my blog)