Monday, January 2, 2012

Francesca




Happy 2012! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy and fun New Year.  This is Francesca from Paper Makeup Stamps and she's already to begin the new year with a martini and dancing.  She's also ushering in the Digi Makeover Challenge for this week and it's a sketch challenge.


I tried a new technique for the background of the card and it's super easy and fun to do.  I read about the idea here (thanks Stacey!).  I changed up her directions just slightly, but the basics are the same.  I inked up an older background rubber stamp (from Cornish Heritage Farms) with Versamark and stamped it onto glossy paper.  Next, I chose Various reinkers (Copic refills) in the same colors that I used for Francesca's dress and pounced and swirled (tumbled glass technique) until I was happy with it.  The Versamark acts as a resist and stays white.  If you look closely, you can see bits of the tiny flowers and vines peeking through here and there.  It's very subtle, but such a fun way to make your own backgrounds.  I did the same technique on the borders, but it's especially hard to capture it on the photo in the lighter pink.  The borders are a Heartfelt Creations die (made by Spellbinders) that has two different cuts on either edge and I just alternated which edge went where.

You have one week to show us your take on the sketch.  All the rules are at the Digi Makeover Challenge blog, but the main one is that you must use a digital image.  While you're there, be sure to check out what the other Digi Makeover Artists have created for you.

Copics used: YR21, YR23, YR 24    BG000    R81, R83, R85, R99    E43, E34

7 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

Anne, I really like what you have done with your bg! thanks for mentioning it because I can see those pretty details coming through! I'll have to give this a try. and you know I'm loving all of the pinks! ;)
Happy new Year to you!

Michelle VP said...

Happy New Year, Anne! Love the card you created for today's sketch and I'm so happy to have you on the team. :) Thanks for explaining your background technique too - it's so much easier to see when you know what to look for. :) I love subtle, pretty effects like that.

jimlynn said...

I was just sitting here in the computer room chuckling to myself and hubby yelled....what are you laughing at....I said, you've got to come see this CUTE image! LOVE THIS CARD. Not only is the image precious but the entire card is just darling.
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Anne, I love this posh cat image, fab colouring and papers.
Kevin xx

Carolyn King said...

that kitty sure is having fun! Adorable!

Linda Simpson said...

Anne this is just soooooooooo gorgeous. Love the colour and the kitty is adorable.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

Cute card and wonderful colors and coloring. Not sure about a cat drinking martinis, I would think they would prefer wine.