Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Babe Watcher












HAPPY 2012!  Since it's the first Wednesday in January, that means it's time for a new challenge from Dude Time Doodles.  It's an easy one to get you back in the crafting groove:  ANYTHING GOES.



For those of you who are stuck in lots of snow and cold and ice, I created my Babe Watcher easel card scene just for you.  Can't you just feel the warm ocean breeze while you're relaxing on the sand and soaking in the rays?  (At least you can image it before you have to go shovel more snow.)

Mr. Hunk was printed several times so I could add lots of dimension to his well toned and tanned body and Copic markers were used to show off this fine physique.  I sprayed white cardstock with Smooch Spritz (gingersnap) to make the sun (a MFT die), the stickers are from Creative Memories (that I've had for a long time) and the sentiment (cut with Spellbinders) was stamped with Studio G peg stamps I found in the $1.00 bin at a local craft chain.  I also added touches of chalk in various areas to give more depth.

Now you have one week to join in on the fun and upload your project to Dude Time Doodles.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Copics used:  E21, E15    N7, N9, N3, N4    R24, R27, R29, R89    Y35, Y38,    E35, E39, W3    YR20, YR21, YR23, E33

10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness Anne, I love his tan! Fabulous card and I sure do wish I was somewhere hot and sunny!

I would like to say thank you so much for your support and comments on my blog. I will certainly keep visiting your blog now my time at DTD has finish.

Take care
Hugs
Linda xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, he has a great tan hes been doing alot of watching, love the beach scene.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

What a fun card and sentiment. Love the beach scene, with all the essentials! He does have a gorgeous tan, hope he's using sunscreen!

NanaConnie said...

Your coloring on Babe Watcher is fabulous, Anne! Great dimension and wonderful details added.

jimlynn said...

Yes, I wish I was there....and LOVE this cute card!
Lynn

Cleota said...

Definitely wish I was there! Great coloring - love the Babe's tan!

Dawn said...

What a tan Babe Watcher has! He's clearly been out there for a long time!
Great creation & I just love that beach scene!!!
Hugs
Dawn xx

CG said...

Wow, what amazing coloring & fussy cutting! Gorgeous card, so warm and fun!

Michelle B. said...

I want a tan like that! Great card for this time of year, warms you from head to toes! Very fun!

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, This is just way too funny!!! I just love your card it is awesome. That image is great. Love the layout.
hugs, Patricia