Monday, September 19, 2011

Retail Therapy


It's time for the Digi Makeover Challenge and who doesn't need a little therapy - retail therapy that is!  This is just one of the images and sentiments from the Retail Therapy set from Paper Makeup Stamps.  The theme this week is to use FABRIC on your project.  If you follow my blog, you know how I like to incorporate fabric into my projects quite often.  I also recently read that using fabric with your paper crafting is a hot, new trend.  Who knew I was being trendy? :-)

For this project, I adhered a piece of fabric to cardstock (using a spray adhesive) and printed out the image directly onto the fabric and fussy cut out the purse so I could pop dot it onto my base, which is cut with Scrap-mart Label 1 (#5) die by Spellbinders.  I went over the printed lines on the purse and a portion of the sentiment with my black Spica glitter pen for a bit of sparkle and platinum Liquid Pearls was used to create my clasp.  Sizzix Bigz Die Flower 3 D was used to create the fabric rose and the leaf  is suede.  And finally, I adhered fabric to my card base, completing the look.

Now, you don't have to use fabric for your entire project, but some fabric needs to be included.  You have one week to upload your gorgeous fabric pieces to the Digi Makeover Challenge blog.

 Be sure to visit the other team members and see how they incorporated fabric into their projects.







8 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow Anne, your card is absolutely fantastic! Love all the different prints you put together, just stunning!

jimlynn said...

OMG! This is just FABULOUS! LOVE the way you used all that pretty fabric. What a gorgeous creation.
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Anne, I like the colours and the fab rose.
Kevin xx

velta said...

I thought for sure that I had commented on this amazing creation Anne! Apparently my mind is going a little too soon for my age...Your card is simply "perfect!" That purse looks like it should be hanging on my arm...anyway you could make that happen??? Love it and Thanks for sharing!

Patricia St Martin said...

Anne, I love your card. That purse and flower are just stunning. The sentiment is perfect. The colors you used are stricking.
Hug, Patricia

HappyCrafter said...

This is very pretty--gorgeous flower, and such a fun pun :-)

buggin2stamp said...

I love that purse and flower. Such a vibrant red. Gorgeous!
Melissa

Tanika Iswandari said...

Soo gorgeous, Anne!! you work so well with fabric and the result has always been so neat! yes, many crafters are combining their paper projects with fabrics nowadays :)