Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Howie Hotie


Are you ready for the new sketch from Dude Time Doodles?  It's a pretty straight forward one this week.  I flipped it on it's side and used Howie Ho Hot Hot from Bonibleaux Designs.  The inside of this shaped card reads "Hope you have a Smokin' Hot Birthday!"

I used Authentique papers for this card cut with Grand Labels One (#4) from Spellbinders.  If you're unsure how to make a shaped card from your dies, it's really easy.  Fold your paper in half and place the die so that one edge is extended past the fold.  (You may want to tape it down so it won't move.  I usually use the blue painters tape for this.)  Run the die through your die cutting machine as you normally would.   Copics were used to color the image, which I printed twice so I could pop dot portions of the coat (the shoulders are flush with the image).  I added micro marbles to the water puddles for a bit of sparkle and the side pieces were made with the Geo Multi Cutter punch from Creative Memories (I've had this for a number of years and don't believe they still sell it.)

You have one week to upload your sketch creations to the Dude Time Doodles challenge blog.  You can flip the image, use as is, or however you want.  The main rule is that the project has to be for a DUDE.



 Don't forget to visit the rest of the Dudettes for even more inspiration.


Here's the sketch.

Dudeville Holla Scavenger Crawl winners: random.org has chosen my two winners - Susan and Anne. I've left a message for each of you.  Just send me your info and I'll get your prize out as soon as possible.   Thanks so much to all of you who became followers and those who left comments.  I appreciate every one of them! 


Copics used: R24, R27, R46, RV99, N7    E00, E01, E11, R20    YR30, C1, C4    Y02, Y04, Y06, Y08, N5    B12, B14    B00    357, E74

9 comments:

Petra said...

Anne, I can never get over how well you colour. Lovely card, and so apt for a man :)

Tammy said...

Fantastic Anne! Love how you've colored Howie and the micro beads are awesome! Great card!

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous coloring on Howie! Love the hot reds against the cool blues of the dp. How clever that you turned the sketch on its side!

jimlynn said...

Fabulous coloring on this precious card! Love the sentiment you said went on the inside too! Perfect!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous Anne. Love the colours and Howie is hot too :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Anne, I like the image the colours are great.
Kevin xx

Dawn said...

Howie is soo Hot & sooo very cool at the same time! Love your card & take on the sketch!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Michelle B. said...

Love how you worked the sketch, hot, hot, hot!

Cleota said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to comment - this is fantastic! Love the deep colors you've used. Your coloring, as always, is wonderful.