Thursday, March 17, 2011

Toby in a Bag

Crafty Sentiments is our sponsor this week at Stamping with the Dragon Challenge Blog and the challenge is Bring on Spring/Anything to do with Spring and the winner will receive three digis.


Toby in a Bag is so cute, you can't help but think of springtime!  I tried something a little different this time around - embossing a digital image.  So far (after extensive : -) research), the only way I've come up with embossing a digital image is by using vellum paper.  I still plan on trying more combinations, but this works well.  I printed Toby on vellum paper and immediately poured clear embossing powder all over,  used my trusty Heat Tool, and you can't tell if it was a stamped image or a digital image.  Next, I used Copic markers to color the image in - I used vibrant colors knowing the vellum would mute the colors a bit.


You definitely are going to want to check out what the rest of the design team has come up with (see tabs above for blog addresses); I know you won't be disappointed.  Remember, you have two weeks to link up your creation at the Challenge Blog.


Copics used: R20, R22    Y35, Y38, G17, G19, G28, FRV1    C2, C4    R27, R29, R39, FV2, FB2, FYR1, BG45, YR18    YR04, YR07, E39    BOO

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww Toby looks so sweet! Jo xxx

Tammy said...

Great job on the embossing. Never tried it but seeing your results, I think I will. Love your coloring and color choices for Toby. Sweet card Anne.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the embossing. I love it and what you did with Toby. Very sweet card.
Hugs,
Beth

Carolynne said...

I so love this image, Toby is so cute and the colours are brill

xx

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Love the colours in this one Tammy great card hun :)

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs