Thursday, March 17, 2011

Toby in a Bag

Crafty Sentiments is our sponsor this week at Stamping with the Dragon Challenge Blog and the challenge is Bring on Spring/Anything to do with Spring and the winner will receive three digis.

Toby in a Bag is so cute, you can't help but think of springtime!  I tried something a little different this time around - embossing a digital image.  So far (after extensive : -) research), the only way I've come up with embossing a digital image is by using vellum paper.  I still plan on trying more combinations, but this works well.  I printed Toby on vellum paper and immediately poured clear embossing powder all over,  used my trusty Heat Tool, and you can't tell if it was a stamped image or a digital image.  Next, I used Copic markers to color the image in - I used vibrant colors knowing the vellum would mute the colors a bit.

You definitely are going to want to check out what the rest of the design team has come up with (see tabs above for blog addresses); I know you won't be disappointed.  Remember, you have two weeks to link up your creation at the Challenge Blog.

Copics used: R20, R22    Y35, Y38, G17, G19, G28, FRV1    C2, C4    R27, R29, R39, FV2, FB2, FYR1, BG45, YR18    YR04, YR07, E39    BOO


Jo Davies said...

Awwww Toby looks so sweet! Jo xxx

Tammy said...

Great job on the embossing. Never tried it but seeing your results, I think I will. Love your coloring and color choices for Toby. Sweet card Anne.

Inspired By Friends said...

Awesome job on the embossing. I love it and what you did with Toby. Very sweet card.

Carolynne said...

I so love this image, Toby is so cute and the colours are brill


Dragons Lair Designs said...

Love the colours in this one Tammy great card hun :)

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs