Friday, March 11, 2011

Rupert's Calendar


I decided that I wanted a desk calendar - but not any old one you can buy at the store.  I used Calendar Front with Rupert from Stamping with the Dragon store to create this monthly flip calendar.

I chose which calendar option I wanted from Word, deleted the parts I didn't want, then resized it to a smaller size.  Next,  I inserted Rupert at the top of the page and printed it out, one for each month.  I could have gone ahead and typed in the name of each month, but I wanted to use some alphabet stickers that I have on hand.   

I colored Rupert and the calendar lines with Copic markers (BG 72, BG75, BG10), cut the page to size and then used my  7 Gypsies Binderie machine to punch the holes in each piece of cardstock (definite time saver).  I also covered a piece of chipboard with patterned paper and cut it slightly larger than my calendar pieces and made an easel back for it to stand up.

You still have time to enter the "Use the Colors Green/Yellow-Gold/White for St. Patrick's Day" Challenge at Stamping Dragons Designs The challenge sponsor, Tiffany's Doodlesis offering two digis to the winner and a second prize is a spot as the Guest Designer for our next challenge.  Visit all the members blogs to get more inspiration (see tabs above for blog addresses).

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Terrific idea and great calendar!

Carolynne said...

Love it what a fab idea

xx

Unknown said...

Oh wow - this is beautiful! I think I need to make a calendar!!!

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous project.
Hugs Nat

Anonymous said...

Loving the calander! You did an awesome job!!
Hugs,
Beth

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Love the calander Anne Rupert looks great sat up there :)

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs