Thursday, February 24, 2011

Holly's New Bed


Holly has found a new place to reside.  Unfortunately, her human isn't as happy about the spot as she is.  Oh well, as they say cats rule.......  This adorable image is from Stamping Dragon Designs and is colored with Copic markers.  I fussy cut her out so I could "display" it on a tablecloth (at least that's what I'm hoping you see when you look at this).  The "tablecloth" was created using the Classic Diamonds #6 die from Spellbinders.  I also pop dotted the image and made a portion of the tablecloth hang outside the frame I made.


The background paper was created using the spray starch technique that I found here under tips and tutorials.  It has such a shimmery look to it in person.  


Here's a close up so you can see details a bit better.  Don't forget about the Birthday challenge on the challenge blog still going on; you still have time to enter your project.


Copics used: B04, B06    Y21, Y32, Y35, Y38, YG21

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous Anne, just fabulous. Love how you colored the cat too. Interesting technique and yes, I can see its a tablecloth. Hope the dog doesn't come by and give it a tug.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tammy! Fabulous!!! Love it!
Hugs,
Beth

Dragons Lair Designs said...

LOL Tammy i have this image in my head now hehe

Anne Holly looks great and love how you coloured her :)

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

downrightcrafty said...

Great colouring and love the presentation too
Hugs Kate xx

Shelly said...

What a marvelous card, Anne!!! Your coloring is gorgeous and you were so creative with making the card. Love that background paper too. Did you know that there is a stamp line named Anne-made?

Anne Marie Hile said...

Loving this darling kitty!! One of mine loves to sit in the sink and that is what this reminds me of. Your background paper gives so much dimension to the design, too. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog, too. Love your work! :)

HappyCrafter said...

ahh! so sweet! I love that kitty image and as a kitty owner can totally relate to that LOL! the tablecloth looks good, and I'll have to check out that link on how you did the background, thanks for sharing it!