Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Splendor


Edited: Fall Spendor was published in the February, 2011 edition of Scrapbook News and review Magazine.

For a change of pace, I decided to share a layout I made for the Stash Challenge over at Challenge Masters.  You had to use die cuts that were already in your stash (you couldn't cut them specifically for this project). 

The photo is a cluster of trees in my yard taken last fall (it's been too hot and dry this year for any great changes of color).  I hand-stitched concentric circles, using both paper floss and embrodery floss.  Then I added the photo and my die cut leaves.  The title in the bottom left says "joys of the season".  I love to see the changing leaves every fall.  Granted we don't get nearly the degree of color in the South as they do in Vermont, but it's still gorgeous here.

Here is a close up:




3 comments:

Tammy said...

Very pretty and clever. Love the circles.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

What a cool idea! Love the circle stitching which brings everything in together! Beautiful pic!

Hetty said...

What a beautiful page, Anne! Love the embroidery. Great idea. Thanks for your love on my blog.