Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Today I designed a very simple card using Spellbinders dies, rubber stamps and die cut sets from Heartfelt Creations, and a little Liquid Applique.
First, using Distress inks, I stamped the tree branch from the Heartfelt Creations' Holly Berry Filler set onto white cardstock, which was pre-cut using Labels One from Spellbinders. I also used my clear Spica glitter pen to highlight each pine needle as well as the outside of this first layer. I used a Copic marker to color in the branch itself and then applied the Liquid Applique for snow. Distress ink was also used to ink the edges of the other two layers die cut with Labels One.
The cardinal was a bit trickier for me because I have the Heartfelt Creations dies, but not the rubber stamp set that goes with these dies. So I improvised a little since I do have the Holiday Cardinal Mailbox pre-cut rubber stamp set. So I stamped the image onto glossy cardstock that I pounced red alcohol inks to make a background, then embossed him with black embossing powder. I then cut the cardinal out using the Cardinal Family die cuts and adhered my cardinal onto the branch.
My sentiment (which I also outlined with a clear Spica pen for added sparkle) also came from the Holiday Cardinal Mailbox set and was stamped onto my label created using the Ribbon Tags Trio from Spellbinders. Used a little bit of raffia, and tied everything together.