Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thank you for the little things


This thank you card was made specially for the Heart to Heart Card Drive and will be mailed to a staff of dedicated people who care for Alzheimer's patients.  You can find specific information about this at Cammie's blog and how to participate in this drive.  As a added bonus, you will also be entered into a random drawing for over $1,000 worth of prizes.  This card drive spoke to me on a personal level because my mom is also a caregiver for an Alzheimer's patient.

In order to recreate this card, you first need to emboss a piece of white cardstock using Spellbinders' Floral and Stone Impressibilities.  I then took a Nellie Snellen Multi Frames die (Eastern Rectangle) and die cut a portion out.  Next, take your Distress Vintage Photo ink pad and rub it across this piece.  The ink will enhance the debossed portion of the paper.

I then placed this inked up piece back in the original cut area.  I wrapped yarn around the embossed piece and adhered the entire thing on blue cardstock.  I used an Accu-cut die to cut my label on the same blue cardstock and stamped my sentiment, which I think perfectly describes what caregivers do - lots and lots of little things to help their patients.  I inked up my edges, added a few pearls, and pop dotted the label over the twine.

You still have time to participate in this card drive; it ends Sunday night.  I hope you find the time to make someone's day too.

No comments: