Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Fur-Ever Home


I designed this card with several challenges in mind.  What first made me think of this is over at Stamping Vacation: a Special Month Challenge.  Since I already had these images,  I chose the  "Adopt a Shelter Dog".  You have until Nov 9 to participate in this challenge.  The second challenge is at Hambo Stamps, and that is where these digital images came from.  Hambo Stamps is offering a very generous prize for the winner.  You have until Oct 31 to participate in this challenge.  The third is the Blade Master challenge over at Challenge Masters where the challenge is to stamp any two images of your choice and cut them out by hand, then apply them to a layout or card.

Copic markers were used to color all three images.  I cut out the images and pop dotted the dog dish in front of the doghouse. I used my Scor-Pal to "emboss" the patterned paper.  The sentiment is colored in with a red glitter pen. Everything is layered onto kraft cardstock.

Here is a close-up:
When you decide you want/need a new furry family member, please think of adopting a dog or cat from a shelter.  Rescue animals are the best!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Great card and I love your endorsement for shelter dogs. I have a rescued puppy mill breeder dog that I am slowly teaching how to be a dog and I can tell you, she is worth saving!

Monica Hunter said...

What a sweet sentiment! Very nice Anne. I really like how you've colored all the images. Thanks for participating in the Hambo challenge! :)

Donna said...

You know I love it Anne. Our dogs are very loved family members. I can see Copics in my future!

HappyCrafter said...

Ah, how sweet! I like how you used the oval shape, and also the popped ub bits look great.