Tuesday, October 26, 2010

El Gato's Birthday


I made this card for the Color Challenge over at Challenge Masters.  You could use black, orange, white/cream, and one additional color on the project this month. And there's one more twist: you cannot scrap Halloween or Fall layouts with this color combination. 

Based on this criteria, I decided this cat (El Gato) from Bonibleaux Designs was perfect!  I colored him in with Copic markers (N5, N7, and N9) and fussy cut him out.  El gato is then layered on patterned paper cut with a Nellie Snellen die (MFD 009).  Everything is inked with Distress inks and I also used enamel accents for all my black dots (I might have gotten a little carried away : ), but I was having so much fun with it).

Quick reminder:  mark your calendars for the first ever blog hop from Dude Time Doodles that will begin this Sunday, Oct 31.  I've seen some of the projects, and believe me, you don't want to miss it!  I also hear there's going to be some great giveaways too.  See you Sunday!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love this card, great use of the cat, love the sentiment.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

too much FUN and I LOVE the texture you gave his fur!!!