Friday, July 16, 2010

Posy Patch purse


This was a really fun card to create.  I began by stamping the purse image (from Make An Impression) onto a subtle piece of patterned paper.  For the flowers, I used the Heartfelt Creations posy patch stamps and coordinating diecut sets.  I stamped four different sizes of flowers in both a light purple and a darker purple cardstock using Dusty Grape Distress Ink.  Before cutting out each flower with the posy die cuts, I used a glitter pen to highlight the center and the veins of all the flowers.  I then curled the edged and layered the flowers to give a dimensional look.  For the purse clasp. I adhered two black and silver brads.

Here is another angle so you can hopefully see how much dimension there really is on this card:


When I cut out the stamped image, I scored the paper at the top of the purse opening, folded it, and then cut around the image - all except the very top, making it into a note card.  On the inside, I adhered a few more flowers and added my sentiment.

Happy creating!

1 comment:

aussie aNNie said...

wow another amazing work here just love this too.xx