Tuesday, July 20, 2010

5 o'clock somewhere


Both the glass and saying are from DRS Designs rubber stamps.  I used Stickles to simulate a salted glass rim and Copics were used to color in the image.  One of the new Tim Holtz texture fades (Ray) way used for my oval background.  I also a Distress ink pad (direct to paper method) to highlight the rays on the fade.

The blue background was created with my Copic markers and my airbrush system.  I varied the distance and pressure of the airbrush trigger to get different color results.  If you look closely, you can see fine light-colored  lines throughout the blue background.   I was able to get this effect by spritzing a rubber stamp (that had lots of detail) with Copic colorless blending solution and then holding the stamp down on the paper for a few seconds.  By doing this, it moved some of the ink away from that spot and lightened up that area.

I randomly stamped the saying around the focal point and I then used a black Spica Glitter pen to highlight some of the words.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Cute card Anne!