Thursday, May 13, 2010

Looking Ahead


This is the card I came up with for the RubberStampChat May vendor sponsored sketch challenge.  The sponsor this month is Smeared Ink, a new rubber stamp company.  They've got some unique and fun stamps, so go check them out!

The stamp I chose is from River City Rubber Works  (I don't own any Smeared Ink stamps - yet) and there are four layers to this card.  I used the Flourish Impressibilities from Spellbinders on the background (purple) patterned paper and then used Distress Inks (Dusty Concord) and a sponge dauber to highlight the impressions.  Next up is beige patterned paper with writing already on it.  The only alteration to this layer was embellishing the four corners with heart brads.  Luckily, the color matched well (or I would have had to bring out my Copics to fix it!). 

I cut the woman image out and colored with Copic markers (of course) and pop dotted her onto paper that I created a background on by using sponge daubers and dye based inks. I die cut the paper with an oval die from Spellbinders.  The inks I used were Distress inks and the colors I used were Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Milled Lavender, and Dusty Concord.  The Copic markers used to color her in were: E000, E00, E11 (skin tones); E31, E35 (hair); Y00, Y02, Y08 (dress).

One of the fun things about this image is the (almost) unlimited sayings you could add to your card with her.  It could be sarcastic, or funny, or thoughtful.  My girl is looking to see if she is going to win the random drawing for this challenge  (hope so).

No comments: