Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Big "50" Band


My hubby just had a birthday and he plays the bass, so these stamps were perfect for his card.  The stamps are part of a set from The Stampin' Place.  The brown background is a Nellie Snellin Eastern Oval Multiframe die cut (see this post where I explained where I purchased them), and the blue background is one of the new Tim Holtz's Alterations Sizzix dies called Baroque.  Both the blue and brown backgrounds were cut out of Core'dinations paper.  I distressed the blue paper with a sanding block and pop dotted the bass player and the trumpet player.  I only wanted to color in the instruments so they would really pop and I used Copic markers.

1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a perfect image for your DH's birthday... Great guy card. Love those new dies!