Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Blessings

Happy Easter.  This is a card that is very simple to make but, I think, looks quite elegant.  The swirled background is actually acetate and I used alcohol inks in a swirling motion (as opposed to the normal pounce motion used for the polished stone effect).  The cross is one of the new Spellbinders limited edition releases that just came out and can be found here.
I cut the larger cross twice and pop dotted them together for a more dimensional look and then adhered the smallest cross to the front.  I stamped the Easter saying with Staz-On ink at the bottom.  The background base of the card is the same paper as the crosses, for a more cohesive look.  The decorative corners are actually the cut outs from the center of the large cross.  They looked like photo corners to me after they were cut and were large enough to easily place on the card.  Enjoy your day!

No comments: