Saturday, January 30, 2010

Postage folio


I was tired of having my "Forever" postage stamps loose in my drawer, so I decided to make a quick folder for them. I used a 6"wide x 8" tall piece of cardstock that I scored at 2 7/8" and 3 1/8".  I have a die that made the pockets, but if you don't have one, these measurements are 2 1/2" wide x 2 1/4" tall and scored at the 1/4" mark along the sides and bottom.  You can make the top of the pocket as decorative as you want. 


Not one to waste, I used the large Forever stickers that come on each sheet on stamps, plus a few other stamps that I had on hand.   This would also be a good gift to give someone that's getting their first apartment, going to college, a pen pal (along with some handmade notecards), etc.  You can make this as simple or elaborate as you want. 

A quick note about the double sided tape I used: Scor-Tape by Scor-Pal. I like it much better that the red liner tape because you can tear it off with your fingers (no scissors required) and the paper that protects the adhesive doesn't cling to you. It sticks as well as, if not better than, the red liner tape.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Love the info you share with each of your projects. Keep the ideas coming!